If you’re a fan of chocolate chip cookies, then you’re in for a real treat with this copycat Gideon’s Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. The unique take on the classic cookie recipe combines the familiar flavors of banana bread with the sweetness of chocolate chips to create a mouth-watering treat that’s perfect for any occasion—no waiting in line necessary!
Banana Bread Cookie Recipe
Whether you’re looking for something to satisfy your sweet tooth or want to impress your friends and family with a new dessert recipe, these cookies are sure to become a fast favorite.
With their big chocolate chips and delicious banana flavor, these cookies are sure to be a hit. Grab your apron and get ready to bake up a batch of these delicious cookies today!
Out to Socialize is an Amazon partner. If you use a link to make a purchase, I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
How to Store Gideon’s Banana Bread Cookie
To keep your Gideon’s banana bread chocolate chip cookies fresh and delicious, it’s important to store them properly. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your cookies:
- Let the cookies cool completely before storing them. This will prevent moisture from building up inside the container.
- Place the cookies in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. This will help keep out any air, which can cause the cookies to dry out or become stale.
- If you’re stacking the cookies in a container, place a piece of wax paper between each layer to prevent them from sticking together.
- Store the cookies at room temperature for up to 5 days. If you need to store them for longer, you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Cookies stay fresh and delicious for as long as possible.
Gideon’s Banana Bread Cookie FAQs
Do I need to use ripe bananas for this cookie recipe?
Yes! You’ll get the best flavor and texture if you use ripe bananas for this recipe. Ripe bananas are sweeter, softer, and mash up more easily than unripe ones.
Can I use a different type of chocolate chips?
Yes, you can definitely use a different type of chocolate chips for this cookie recipe. Just be sure to adjust the amount of sugar in the recipe according to your preferred sweetness level.
Can I freeze banana bread chocolate chip cookies?
Yes, these cookies can be frozen! Just make sure to let them cool completely before freezing and store them in an airtight container. They will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Gideon’s Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Cookies are a delicious twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie. Whether you’re a fan of traditional or innovative baked goods, Gideon’s Cookies is definitely worth checking out!
How to Make Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Cookies
Now you can bring the mouth-watering taste (and smell) of one of the most popular cookies home with this Disney copycat recipe. No need to whip out the credit card and book a vacay for these banana bread cookies, just follow the instructions below to enjoy them from your own kitchen!
- COLD unsalted butter, cubed
- Granulated white sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Eggs, room temp
- Vanilla extract
- Mashed Ripe Banana
- Baking soda
- Cake flour
- All-purpose flour
- Dark Chocolate chips
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Crushed Banana Chips
- Candied Walnuts
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the cubed cold butter, mashed banana, and the sugars, on low speed for 1-2 minutes. Increase speed to medium to high and continue beating for another 2-3 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy, Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
Add in the eggs, one at a time, vanilla extract, mixing well after each addition.
In a large bowl add the baking soda, cornstarch, salt, cake flour and all-purpose flour, whisk to combine. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture 1 cup at a time.
Mix until incorporated.
Split the chocolate chips, banana chips and candied walnuts into two bowls.
Add 1 bowl of the chocolate chip banana walnut mixture, and mix on low speed until combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.Using your large cookie scoop, scoop out large dough portions. Now using your hands shape the chilled dough into large dough balls
📌 Pin the image to your Pinterest board so it’s easy to find when you need it! ⬆️
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cover the entire surface of the dough balls with chocolate banana walnut mixture. Make sure all gaps are covered. Place the dough balls on a parchment lined baking tray. Make sure you bake only 6 dough balls to each baking tray due to their size.
Sprinkle each dough ball with crystalized sugar. Bake in the center rack of the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for at LEAST 15 minutes on the baking sheets.
When you can’t wait to taste a bit of Disney heaven, grab a Gideon’s Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Cookie and enjoy! These delicious treats are sure to brighten up your day. Make sure you try all of our Gideon’s cookies and tell us which is your favorite!
- 1 cup COLD unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Banana, ripe & mashed
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cake Flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 cups Dark Chocolate Chips, 1 cup divided
- 2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips, 1 cup divided
- 2 cups Crushed Banana Chips, 1 cup divided
- 2 cups Candied Walnuts, 1 cup divided
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the cubed cold butter, mashed banana, and both sugars on low speed for 1-2 minutes.
- Increase speed to medium to high and continue beating for another 2-3 minutes until the mixture is light, Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula to mix encess as well.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla extract, mixing well after each addition.
- In a large bowl add the baking soda, cornstarch, salt, cake our and all-purpose our, whisk to combine.
- Add the our mixture to the butter mixture 1 cup at a time.
- Mix until incorporated.
- Split the chocolate chips, banana chips and candied walnuts into two bowls.
- Add 1 bowl of the chocolate chip mixture to the mixing bowl and mix on low speed until combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a large cookie scoop, divide out the dough portions.
- Using your hands, shape the chilled dough into balls.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll the the dough in chocolate banana walnut mixture making sure the entire surface is covered.
- Place 6 covered dough on a parchment lined baking tray.
NOTE: If you have a second tray, prep the second set of cookies, otherwise repeat these steps again for the second round.
- Sprinkle each dough ball with crystalized sugar.
- Bake in the center rack of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at LEAST 15 minutes on the baking sheets.